Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I've gone pro

I'm pleased to advise that the Canadian Authors Association (CAA) has accepted me as a professional member. My main qualification for pro status is my book, The Ugly Truck and Dog Contest and Other Tales of Northern Life. The CAA's professional members include not only writers, but also teachers, cartoonists and photographers, among others.

Speaking of the CAA, I'm off to Victoria tomorrow for the annual CanWrite! conference. I attended CanWrite! in Edmonton two years ago, and was impressed by the quality of the workshops and the panels, and the non-stop access to incredible food. This year, I'm particularly looking forward to the CAA Literary Awards, which are presented during the conference. Annabel Lyon, one of my former writing instructors, has been nominated for MOSAID Technologies, Inc. Award for Fiction. The nomination is for her much-celebrated novel, The Golden Mean. Yay, Annabel!

1 comment:

Robley H said...

Congratulations to the pro!