Monday, September 7, 2009

What I did on my summer holidays

Labour Day is here, and it’s time to touch base. Here’s how I spent July and August.

1.) Went fishing in the East Arm of Great Slave Lake for eight days in July. Scenery wonderful. Company great. Fishing slow. Bugs bad. As in: I had to wear a bug net over my baseball hat the entire time I was out there. A couple of nights we ate late, and there was a haze of mosquitoes around my face as I tried to have supper. Had to pick squirming little bodies out of my food. Ugh.

2.) Spent five days in Regina visiting my parents, aunt and uncle, family friends, and buddies from my journalism days. Exploded a large bottle of tonic water all over my parents' kitchen; spent the rest of the visit cleaning the floor, walls, ceiling, cabinets, stairwell, hutch, etc. Learned that tonic water has real staying power. Weather great. Nice birthday party for my dad. No bugs. Yay!

3.) Back to work right after the August long weekend. Very busy.

4.) Managed to get my new kayak in the water a few times, but incessant wind means I haven’t been out as much as I would like. Common complaint among Yellowknife boaters this summer.

So that's us, all caught up!

No comments: