Thursday, January 17, 2008

Coldest night of the year?

Went down to -41C last night. Not surprising for January in Yellowknife.

Compensations? Saw the northern lights last night while walking home from work. When it's cold, it's clear, and it's the first time in ages that I've seen them. Spent today in a workshop in a local hotel conference room. From the windows we could see down the Franklin Avenue hill to the Old Town. Trees, rocks, the Franklin Avenue Trailer Park - everything white and misty with ice fog. At mid-morning a nice pastel sunrise - yellow, pink, a touch of blue sky before the clouds moved in.

It's -34C right now - things are heating up!

2 comments:

Anita Daher said...

Don't do it, Cathy! Sounds like a spammer-hacker-bot. I've just spent two days trying to get rid of some bad ad-ware I picked up. I think I MIGHT have it fixed now. I'm about to do another scan...and am a little afraid. Next step will be wiping my hard drive.

Cathy Jewison said...

Thanks, Anita. The offending post has been nuked. A few years back I was sucked in by an e-mail that sounded like it was sent by a friend, and ended up spreading a virus to my address book. Prefer not to have anything like that happen again! - CJ